Continuing Ministry Formation Program (CMFP)
The Continuing Ministry Formation Program (CMFP) is a 3-5 year adult enrichment program as well as a credential program for coordinators of ministries to prepare them to serve the Church as lay ecclesial ministers supporting the Pastor or Pastoral Coordinator in enacting the parish and diocesan vision.
Following guidelines developed by the USCCB and articulated in the document Coworkers in the Vineyard of the Lord,(2005), and the National Certification Standards for Lay Ecclesial Ministers (2011) the CMFP provides formation which encompasses the human, spiritual, intellectual and pastoral aspects of each person’s personal development.
The program offers two options of Formation:
Track 1: “Faith Enrichment” for adults who desire to grow in the knowledge of their faith.
Track 2: “Ministerial Leadership” for those who serve or desire to serve in a leadership position at the parish level. This option is a requirement for those who are seeing to serve as Lay Ecclesial Ministers (LEM) as Directors/coordinators of a specific ministry or as Pastoral Associates (PA). It is also a requirement for those discerning their vocation to the Permanent Diaconate.
- Year 1. God’s Revelation & Covenant: (Old Testament and New Testament)
- Year 2. Jesus & His Mission: (Christology)
- Year 3. The Church Continues the Mission of Jesus: (History, Ecclesiology, Sacramental and Moral theology)
- Year 3-4. Advanced specialization in one area of Ministry: (Catequesis, Adult Faith Formation, Ministry with Young and Young-Adult Catholics, Liturgy and Charity and Justice. )
We integrate a holistic approach to formation incorporating all four competencies (Human, Spiritual, Intellectual, and Pastoral) into our weekly classes and once a month formation Saturdays.
For the Program application process, please read below:
- Completion of the “Parish Minister’s Formation Program” (PMFP) and one basic ministerial specialization
- Completion of the “Introduction to CMFP” intermediate course (Applications every year are due by March)
- Completion and submission of the CMFP Application Form. For those seeking “Ministerial Leadership” along with the application form, participants must provide:
- a letter of recommendation from their Pastor, Pastoral Coordinator or representative of their approved Catholic Movement/Organization.
- a letter of financial support from their Pastor, Pastoral Coordinator or representative of their approved Catholic Movement/Organization.
- Attach a recent photo of yourself (2×2 size)
For Further information please contact:
Maria H. Sedano (Maruja)
Phone: (909) 475-5387
Maria Antonia Amao, CMFP Program Director (Español)
Steven M. Halligan, CMFP Program Director (English)